STCW Medical Care Aboard Ship
4th July 2022 - 8th July 2022
One event on 29th November 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on 21st March 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on 4th July 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 28th November 2022 at 12:00 am
This is an MSO & MCA Approved 5 Day Course
This course of training is required if you wish to qualify for a Chief Mates/Masters certificate of competency at sea and / or are in charge of the medical care of personnel aboard their vessel.
If successful, candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Medical Care Aboard Ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex of the STCW convention and section A-V1/4 (4-2) of the STCW Code and the Merchant Navy (Training and Certification) Regulations 1997.
This course is very comprehensive and includes:
- Nursing principles and clinical examination,
- The respiratory system,
- The urinary system,
- Injuries and wounds,
- The gastrointestinal system,
- Eyes, ear, nose and throat and dental/oral conditions,
- Diseases and spread of infection,
- The female reproductive system,
- Medical care of rescued persons,
- External assistance and the evacuation of patients,
Progress will be assessed through continuous assessment via multiple choice questionnaires during the course and an oral/practical examination on completion.
Course duration is five days .