First Aid Responder FAR
31st January 2024 @ 8:00 am - 2nd February 2024 @ 3:30 pm
One event on 31st January 2024 at 8:00 am
One event on 3rd April 2024 at 8:00 am
One event on 29th May 2024 at 8:00 am
One event on 31st July 2024 at 8:00 am
One event on 2nd October 2024 at 8:00 am
One event on 27th November 2024 at 8:00 am
This 18 hr or 3-day course is targeted at staff and business owners alike. It is a Health and Safety Authority (HSA) and Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) approved training course and is highly interactive. This course incorporates a Cardiac First Response (CFR) module that trains students in the safe use of defibrillators and also has an infant and child module as standard.
Upon completion of the course students are required to complete a skills based assessment and a multiple choice questionnaire (MCQ) and will be issued a PHECC/ recognised FAR training institude certificate which is valid for 2 years from date of course completion.
FAR refresher training will now last 2 days or 12hrs minimum as per the PHECC guidelines.
Those who had occupational first aid (OFA) certificates will not be recognised by the HSA from the 31 of May 2018.
The FAR course syllabus will cover the following
- Unit 1. Introduction to first Aid
- Unit 2. Patient Assessment
- Unit 3. Incident procedures
- Unit 4. Cardiac First Response – community
- Unit 5. Common medical emergencies
- Unit 6. Injury management and shock
- Unit 7. Care of the unconscious patient
- Unit 8. Burns and electrical injury care
- Unit 9. Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Unit 10. Information management
- Unit 11. Communications
- Unit 12. The well being of the first aider