MCA Approved Deck Crane & Safe Lifting Course
Friday 15th October @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on 23rd July 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on 20th August 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on 15th October 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on 26th November 2021 at 9:00 am
One event on 25th February 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on 22nd April 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on 24th June 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on 26th August 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on 25th November 2022 at 9:00 am
- Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations
- The purpose of Risk Assessments and how to use them
- The Permit to Work System
- Documentation and regulations that apply to lifting activities
- Planning lifting activities
- Hazards associated with lifting operations and the appropriate control measures
- The roles and duties of personnel in a lifting crew
- The basic principles of crane operations
- Common lifting appliances and lifting accessories and their safe use
- The Nine Point Lifting Plan
- Recognised Hand Signals
Aims and Objectives
The aim of The Seamanship Centre Offshore Deck Crane Lifting Course is to provide the learner with the basic knowledge and skills required of an on-board Crane Operator.
The key objectives are:
- To introduce the delegate to crane operations terminology.
- To ensure the delegate can identify and explain key elements of relevant legislation.
- To ensure the delegate understands the role and responsibilities of the offshore crane operator
and safety implications attached to that role.
- To ensure the delegate understands the main crane controls, safety devices, working limitations, associated hazards and safe work practices of an offshore crane operator.
- To ensure the delegate understands typical crane maintenance and inspection requirements.
- The delegate to practice operating a crane and crane simulator following a basic lifting plan – after receiving instruction from qualified training staff.
- This training programme has been designed for personnel that have little or no crane operating experience and wish to gain theoretical and practical knowledge of offshore crane operations.
By the end of the course the learner will;
- Understand crane operations terminology
- Will know and understand relevant legislation responsibilities of the offshore crane operator and safety implications attached to that role.
- Will have demonstrated a knowledge of the hazards associated with crane and lifting.
- Will have demonstrated the knowledge to ensure a safe lift.
- Will understand typical crane maintenance and inspection requirements
Excellent course with great detail and excellent instructor,