MCA Approved Deck Crane & Safe Lifting Course
Friday 17th May
This 1 Day course is approved by the MCA
Consider the theory of lifting and moving weights already aboard and loading and discharging loads from a quay or another vessel or a structure. The considerations of safe operation of a crane or derrick and the different types of lifting devices (derricks, fixed foundation knuckle cranes, travelling cranes on a transversal beam and fixed position lifting gilsons on fishing vessels.
Preparing a plan for making a lift and a risk assessment for the lift.
Consideration of the dangers of cranework at sea in rough conditions or when there is a swell.
- Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations
- The purpose of Risk Assessments and how to use them
- The Permit to Work System
- Documentation and regulations that apply to lifting activities
- Planning lifting activities
- Hazards associated with lifting operations and the appropriate control measures
- The roles and duties of personnel in a lifting crew
- The basic principles of crane operations
- Common lifting appliances and lifting accessories and their safe use
- The Nine Point Lifting Plan
- Recognised Hand Signals