MCA Approved Engine Course II (AEC 2)
Monday 18th December @ 9:00 am - Friday 22nd December @ 4:00 pm
One event on 18th December 2023 at 9:00 am
One event on 12th February 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 8th April 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 3rd June 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 29th July 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 23rd September 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 18th November 2024 at 9:00 am
The follow on from AEC 1, this completes the full AEC qualification under the MCA small vessel engineer code.
A week long course which looks beyond the engine and propulsion train, with a focus on auxiliary service systems and machinery. In equal measure, correct administration and how to conduct safe operations.
- The components and their arrangement in a compression type refrigeration plant and basic fault finding
- The legislative and management requirements within engineering operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of maintenance systems onboard.
- Safe systems of work within an engineering environment.
- Safe operations when undertaking lifting and/or slinging operations. LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
- The electrical distribution system options on-board.
- Hydraulic systems.
- Practical skills for maintenance.
- Fresh water systems on-board.
- Sewage systems on-board.
The informative week long course ends with a written assessment and discussion.
The course is delivered by serving Merchant and Fishing vessel engineer officers, set in the fishing & commercial cargo port of Killybegs.