- This event has passed.
MCA Approved Slinger Banksman Course
6th September 2019
Aim and objectives:
The aims and objectives of the Slinger Banksman Course are to provide personnel, who have little or no experience of the Slinger and Signaller role, to give them a basic knowledge of activities associated with the combined roles, and the safety and regulatory requirements of those activities.
The Initial Training Programme allows the delegate to demonstrate basic Slinger and Signaller practical skills following instruction and demonstration by the training staff.
Learning Outcome To successfully complete this module, delegates must be able to explain:
To successfully complete this module, delegates must be able to explain the following:
- Lifting Equipment and Lifting Operations Regulations
- The purpose of Risk Assessments and how to use them
- The Permit to Work System
- Documentation and regulations that apply to lifting activities
- Why it is important to plan lifting activities
- Hazards associated with lifting operations and the appropriate control
- The roles and duties of personnel in a lifting crew
- The basic principles of crane operations
- Common lifting appliances and lifting accessories and their safe use
- The Nine Point Lifting Plan
- Recognised Hand Signals
This is a 1 Day Course.