- This event has passed.
MSO & MCA Approved SSO & Cyber Security
Tuesday 29th October - Thursday 31st October
This course meets the requirements of SOLAS and the ISPS code in respect of SSO (Ship Security Officer) training.
The course covers security both onboard the ship and the interface between ship, operating company and port facility.
- An introduction to the background of the ISPS Code and relevant legislation,
- The company security organisation, the roles of the CSO and SSO, security requirements and security administration,
- Ship security assessments, the ship security plan, methods of conducting audits and ship and port facility security measures,
- Behavioural patterns of people likely to threaten security,
- Recognition and detection of weapons.
- Testing and calibration of security equipment and systems.
- Cyber security (Special Module) Our Ship Surity Instructors have completed Cyber Security Training.
Assessment is continuous throughout the course.
Course duration is three days.