- This event has passed.
STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibility
23rd September 2020
One event on 21st October 2020 at 9:00 am
If you wish to commence a career at sea, you will need to do this training as it forms part of the basic training required for all seafarers. The objective of the training is to give a basic knowledge of the immediate action to be taken upon encountering an emergency aboard ship and an overview of the safety regime that exists within the Merchant Navy.
If successful, candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities aboard ship in accordance with Section V1/1 of the STCW code.
The training forms part of the requirements for the basic training for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship on the business of that vessel as part of the ship’s complement, which designates safety or pollution prevention duties in the operation of the ship.
The training must be undertaken before new entrants are assigned to any such shipboard duties.
Course duration is 4 hours.
This course is normally run on a Wednesday and is day 3 of a 4 day STCW Basic Safety Courses programme.
- Monday: STCW Elementary First Aid.
- Tuesday: STCW Personal Survival Techniques.
- Wednesday: STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities.
- Thursday: STCW Ship Security Awareness.
The above courses are mandatory for all seafarers in all roles aboard and must renewed every 5 years.
- 23rd September 2020
- Event Category:
- STCW Mandatory Basic Safety Training Courses
- Event Tags:
- Personal Safety, Social Responsibility
- https://seamanship.ie/event/stcw-week-wednesday-personal-safety-and-social responsibilities-2020-09-23/