STCW Ship Security Awareness
Thursday 21st April
One event on 24th February 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 31st March 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 21st April 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 19th May 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 23rd June 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 21st July 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 25th August 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 22nd September 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 20th October 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 24th November 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 8th December 2022 at 12:00 am
- To give those undertaking designated security duties on board ship the essential education and training meeting the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in STCW, which supports Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
This course covers:
Regulation VI/6, paragraph 4 and Section A-VI/6, paragraphs 6 to 8 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and incorporates Proficiency in Security Awareness laid down in Regulation VI/6 and Section A-VI/6 of the STCW Convention and Code
This one day course is programmed for persons who are employed or engaged onboard vessels for which the ISPS code is applied. The course meets the requirements for the understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW A-V1 (section 6-8 as amended).
What are the entry requirements?
There is no intake restriction, although some sea going experience would be an advantage before undertaking a Designated Security Duties training course, and neither is there a requirement for the leaner to have completed Security Awareness training before being enrolled on a Designated Security Duties training course.
Course duration is one day.
This course is normally run on a Thursday and is day 4 of a 4 day STCW Basic Safety Courses programme.As Follows.
- Monday: STCW Elementary First Aid.
- Tuesday: STCW Personal Survival Techniques.
- Wednesday: STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities.
- Thursday: STCW Ship Security Awareness.
The above courses are mandatory for all seafarers in all roles aboard and must renewed every 5 years.