STCW Personal Survival Techniques
Tuesday 16th May
One event on 16th May 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 13th June 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 11th July 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 15th August 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 12th September 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 10th October 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 14th November 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on 12th December 2023 at 12:00 am
The course follows a standard programme. The course delivers a basic knowledge and practice of survival techniques and principles that can be applied to maximise the probability of survival following a marine casualty.
The course will address the following:
- Actions prior to abandonment of the vessel
- Basic principles of survival
- Types of survival equipment provided on board ships
- Training and drills
- Correct use of the lifejacket and entering the water from a height
- Launching of a liferaft.
- Righting of a capsized liferaft
- Wet and dry boarding of a liferaft
- Bringing aboard an injured casualty
- Hypothermia and other medical factors
- Liferaft first aid
- Liferaft equipment
- Actions to aid location by rescuers
Training is delivered through a combination of theory and practical sessions.
Course duration is one day.
This course is normally run on a Tuesday and is day 2 of a 4 day STCW Basic Safety Courses programme
- Monday: STCW Elementary First Aid.
- Tuesday: STCW Personal Survival Techniques.
- Wednesday: STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities.
- Thursday: STCW Ship Security Awareness.
The above courses are mandatory for all seafarers in all roles aboard and must renewed every 5 years.
Location: This course will be held at. Ballyshannon Leisure Center. F94 TX3Y Ballyshannon. Co. Donegal
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Review STCW Personal Survival Techniques.