ISA National Powerboat. RYA Level 2
24th April 2024 @ 9:00 am - 25th April 2024 @ 5:00 pm
One event on 22nd November 2023 at 9:00 am
One event on 24th April 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 22nd May 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 19th June 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 24th July 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 21st August 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 18th September 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 23rd October 2024 at 9:00 am
One event on 20th November 2024 at 9:00 am
RYA Powerboat courses are primarily for those using small powered craft such as RIBs, dories and sportsboats that don’t generally undertake long or offshore passages. This is a 2 Day Practical Course.
The types of commercial craft requiring this level certification are typically:
- charter fishing boats,
- small passenger launches,
- thrill ride operators,
- harbour patrol launches,
- construction site safety boats,
- recreational boat users etc.
If you will be using larger boats with accommodation and the capacity to cruise or work further offshore you are likely to need a certificate within the motor cruising programme such as Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper or Yachtmaster™ Offshore.
If you need a Powerboat Level 2 certificate in order to work on a commercial craft subject to the MCA’s codes of practice, you will need to get it commercially endorsed.
You can then work on commercial vessels up to 24 meters in length, operating in category 6 waters – that is up to 3 miles from a nominated departure point in fine weather and daylight hours.
- Pre-course experience – None or may be preceded by Level 1
- Assumed Knowledge – None
- Course Content – All you need to know for self-sufficient power-boating at a basic level. Course includes launching, mooring, anchoring and recovery plus all the boat driving skills required for basic competence in a powerboat
- Ability after course – Self-sufficient power boater in the right conditions, aware of own limitations and those of craft
- Minimum duration – 2 day course or shorter assessment for experienced drivers (half to one day).
- Minimum age – For the Level 2 course the minimum age is 12, but a commercial endorsement cannot be obtained until the age of 17