STCW Personal Survival Techniques
Tuesday 21st June
One event on 22nd February 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 19th April 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 21st June 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 23rd August 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 22nd November 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 29th March 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 17th May 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 19th July 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 20th September 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 18th October 2022 at 12:00 am
One event on 6th December 2022 at 12:00 am
The course follows a standard programme. The course delivers a basic knowledge and practice of survival techniques and principles that can be applied to maximise the probability of survival following a marine casualty.
The course will address the following:
- Actions prior to abandonment of the vessel
- Basic principles of survival
- Types of survival equipment provided on board ships
- Training and drills
- Correct use of the lifejacket and entering the water from a height
- Launching of a liferaft.
- Righting of a capsized liferaft
- Wet and dry boarding of a liferaft
- Bringing aboard an injured casualty
- Hypothermia and other medical factors
- Liferaft first aid
- Liferaft equipment
- Actions to aid location by rescuers
Training is delivered through a combination of theory and practical sessions.
Course duration is one day.
This course is normally run on a Tuesday and is day 2 of a 4 day STCW Basic Safety Courses programme
- Monday: STCW Elementary First Aid.
- Tuesday: STCW Personal Survival Techniques.
- Wednesday: STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities.
- Thursday: STCW Ship Security Awareness.
The above courses are mandatory for all seafarers in all roles aboard and must renewed every 5 years.
Location: This course will be held at. Ballyshannon Leisure Center. F94 TX3Y Ballyshannon. Co. Donegal
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.