MGN 379 (M+F) updated 20 September 2019
This note emphasises the need for correct use of navigational equipment by watch-keepers.
• Be aware that each item of equipment is an aid to navigation.
• Be aware of the factors which affect the accuracy of position fixing systems.
• Appreciate the need to cross check position fixing information using other methods.
• Recognise the importance of the correct use of navigational aids and knowledge of
• Be aware of the dangers of over-reliance on the output from, and accuracy of, a
single navigational aid.
See full M Notice on this link https://bit.ly/2kydxTS