Tuesday 5th December @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This is a 3-4 hour short course which is mandatory for all workplace employee’s who are engaged in manual labour.
This Health and Safety Authority approved interactive course which teaches management and staff how to take care of their backs while at work when lifting, pushing, pulling or setting down a load.
Core topics include
- Health and safety legislation.
- Employer and employee obligations.
- The musculoskeletal system.
- Anatomy, structure and function of the spine.
- Posture and back pain.
- Manual handling at work using the T.I.L.E. principle.
- Risk assessments.
- Manual handling techniques.
- The use of PPE.